2.19.2013

"Happy Cow"

"Happy Cow" is what the girls call 'beef'. WHY "Happy Cow"? Because we try to purchase beef that came from a "Happy Cow". And let's face it, I've said it before, I have picky kids. So if you make something sound "pretty" or "happy" it tends to go over a WHOLE lot easier. Of course, for a good while the girls wanted "happy cow with cheese" (read: a cheese burger) so when we presented them with just "happy cow", not on a bun and without cheese, it turned into disappointment. HOWEVER, after the successful dinner (and mealtime conversation) of my EASY Chicken Bites and "French Fries", I thought I'd try the dish with beef.

And it did NOT disappoint. (Unless you count the fact that the children were expecting chicken with their sweet potato fries. But EVERYONE ate it up! SO win!)

Mommy's Plate.

Kids' Plates
I KNOW my plate looks STUFFED with food, while the kids' plates look bare. FIRST, I hadn't done dishes (even though I said in the last post that there weren't that many) so we only had our HUGE plates and second, instead of showing you a barren plate, I chose the small amount-looking of food. I PROMISE I fed my the kidlets AND that they asked for seconds. AND thirds!

I used what beef I had in the freezer (I think it was just a one pound chuck steak?) and similarly with the chicken, I sliced it thin so I consumed more vegetables than beef. I've come to realize (and teach my body) I actually ENJOY eating lettuce and spinach and green onion to the point I've started to eat up all the lettuce BEFORE the meat is gone. (It USE to be that I HAD to have meat on a salad to even CONSIDER touching it.)

Thinly sliced, DELICIOUS beef.

[I simply LOVE these fries. Have I mentioned they're my new addiction? SO tasty. Looking at them makes me want to make some more. Hmm.. I DO have to make lunch for the kids and I...]

The recipe is IDENTICAL to the EASY Chicken Fingers and "French Fries" with only a few changes:

1. Use steak instead of chicken. I used a 1 lb. chuck steak (what I had in my freezer)
2. Exclude the paprika and parsley on your steak

The end.

Easy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment